Metamorphosis review by Hilary Duff

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
Hilary Duff: Metamorphosis

I'm not usually a pop fan, but after listening to this cd, I was very impressed. The vocal styles aren't as innovative and diverse as they could be, but they are well-delivered and catchy. The guitars are fairly simple but prominant and also interesting and catchy. It is a little more edgy than I'd expect from "Lizzie McGuire" and I really enjoy listening to it. Metamorphosis won't be up for any grammies but is nice and refreshing to listen to. It is very poppie and probably won't appeal to a lot of harder rock fans, but if you enjoy corny love songs that are fun to listen to, you might like this cd.

As I said, the lyrics are less than innovative, but do compliment the songs. It is full of love-songs and clichs but is nice to listen to. The music and lyrics definitly go hand in hand. Very light and poppie. I find Hilary to be a very talented singer.

This album probably compares to Let Go by Avril Lavigne, but without the "I'm punk and pissed off at the world" thing going on. It's straightforward pop. I like the upfrontness of the album. It dosn't claim to be anything it's not *cough*Avril*cough*. The only thing that I don't like is the fact that the lyrics are not the most impressive I've ever heard (she get's a lot of use out of the word "la"). Yes, I would buy Metamorphosis again if it were stolen. It's definitly worth buying if you'r looking for nice, light and happy pop that isn't all computer synths and backup singers.