Metamorphosis review by Hilary Duff

• Released: Aug 26, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Hilary Duff: Metamorphosis

The sond is way too poppy for me. The sound is very light with Hilary's girly voice singing. The thing is - there's nothing strong or straight-forward going on. There's nothing that made me feel like there was anything going on. It was like a fefe dobson album with less guitar and drums. A Britney Spears album without the sex-driven ,not-so-innocent thing going on. It was more like one of those olsen twins records-back when they were 8.

I have no respect for artists who don't write their lyrics. Hilary did not write her lyrics. The lyrics have nothing deep or thoughtful in them. It's one thing to not write your songs, and it's another when you don't have a strong voice. Her voice is light, too girly, pretty high, and irritating. I can't stand it. Halfway trough the album - I was ready to burn it.

I read another review of this album from someone who was slamming Avril Lavigne - saying she was angry and whatever. Well, at least Avril does write songs, at least she does create some of the music, at least she has more mature songs than Hilary's "Come Clean" or "So Yesterday" - I mean, what the f--ck? "Let the rain fall, I'm coming clean"? There's nothing worse than an immature, squeaky-clean,way-too-poppy, irritating artist singing what some other people wrote for her. I have absolutely no respect whatsoever for her or her music. At least I didn't even buy the album - I borrowed it and thank god I borrowed it instead of buying iy. There's no way in hell I would spend bout' 20 dollars on this piece of s--it. Wate of my f--ckin' time listening to this crap.