Glorious Ruins [DVD] Review

8.4
 8.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Glorious Ruins [DVD] Reviewed by: gohsam2001, on august 06, 2013

Sound: Hillsong has only been getting better and better with each yearly release. "Glorious Ruins" looks to be a landmark album for this generation. For those of you who don't know, Hillsong Music is the musical expression of the church and one of the main driving forces of worship being played in churches across the globe. Now that I've gotten that aside, let's get down to their sound as a band. A mix of driven keys, driving drum beats, supporting acoustic rhythm and light electric shimmering, this album is a mix of the classic Hillsong sound we've come to know and love as well as more experimental in the sense of style used in a congregational setting especially the presence of synths use. // 9

Overall Impression: 21 years of Hillsong and they just keep getting better and better. They've held their own among the charts as well as people's hearts all this time. (With no small part by Jesus, hallelujah). The overall package sells. The theme itself, "Glorious Ruins" and the use of daytime fireworks to emphasize on the glory found within the ruin was clever. Absolutely impressive. Genius. I would definitely replace my copy should anything happen (Bind that in Jesus' name). If I'm to give a final word on this album, it would be a question. Has Hillsong outdone themselves? I would definitely say they have with this one. To God be the Glory and the best is yet to be. We definitely have not heard the last from them. I hope you found this review helpful. Be blessed.

// 9