Aftermath Review

8.7
 8.3
review (1) 35 comments vote for this album:
Aftermath Reviewed by: bcwfootball54, on january 31, 2011

Sound: Now this is more personal than anything. The sound of the album is above average but nothing spectacular. Rock seems to be moving back into the 80's with the synth and all that. And Hillsong is doing the same thing. The beats are great, the music is interesting. It's not the best sound I've ever heard from Hillsong United. Overall it is pretty good though. It is something new. And a lot of people like hearing something completely new. // 8

Lyrics: This is where the album get's very good. Lyrically it is the best song Hillsong United has ever written. The pictures they create are amazing for example on the album titled song "Aftermath" the first verse is: "The skies lay low where You are, on the earth You rest Your feet. Yet that hands that cradle the starts, are the hands that bled for me." The lyrics also go pretty well with the music. The composition of everything overall is pretty good. Some of the songs are definitely better than others as usual on all cd's but over all it is very good. // 10

Overall Impression: This is definitely in the top 3 or 4 albums that Hillsong United has written. It is a very new sound and can definitely grow on me. But for my style I prefer Across the Earth and United We Stand above it as far as listing to. But this is my favorite album lyrically. I am excited to take the songs are rework the music in it to more fit my style of worship when I incorporate it into our worship at my church. I absolutely love the album lyrics. Hillsong has raised the bar yet again. I am not the biggest fan of the 80's synth sound. But it is growing on me. It is definitely not a reason to not buy the album. I would buy it again if it was lost. // 9

Comments