Dark Light review by HIM

• Released: Sep 26, 2005
HIM: Dark Light

HIM has gotten poppier and poppier as time goes on, losing some of the fans who loved the deep snarling sound that was they're past albums. But HIM is definatly a very talented band. I'm always excited when I hear any of they're songs. HIM as always had a melodic mood to it, but I think Dark Light has lost some of that tone. It is still a very good band, but Love Metal was arguably more instrumental. Maybe I'm buying the CDs in the wrong order, but the pianist gets better and better each CD I buy. HIM popularity has grown in the States, but it will never be as large as Finlands love for HIM.

Ville Valo is probably the best songwriter I've ever heard. He seems to write poems rather than lyrics. He is probably also better than most poets as well. He is tremendously talented vocally, there isn't anything more I could want. There really isn't anything more to say, either. Mr. Valo is the best singer I've heard yet.

HIM is the pinnacle of goth-metal. There will never be anyone who is as talented as HIM. There really isn't much to hate (unless your one of those metal-heads who listens to just people screaming into the mic). If it was stolen I'd sic an attack dog on the theif. I'm trying not to sounds like one of those unregistered n00bs who say "omfg him r0xXors" but it's hard considering the fact that HIM is so musically talented it blows some bands out of the water.

fcuk
    this album was really queer with all the light shit wings of a butterfly was good i dont hate HIM but the us debut album was terrible HIM has so much better albums
    rhima
    The Dark Light album is the best ever. They sing less about killing themselves for love and what have you. But the Dark Light album has the best lyrics, it is an awesome album to make love you your girlfriend or whatever all day long. Especially the song "Killing Lonliness". Well, that is all I have to say, later!