Deep Shadows And Brilliant Highlights review by HIM

• Released: Mar 26, 2002
HIM: Deep Shadows And Brilliant Highlights

First of all you really need to understand this band. HIM (aka His Infernal Majesty) is a unique band raging from the shores of Finland. HIM is a fantastic band with some unique talent. The use of keyboards, and great distortion from the lead and only guitar, helps. The vocals coming from frontman Ville Valo, are great. This music is classified as gothic rock, but to me a fan since about 1998-1999, I can tell you this album is different among the others. The cover like most does have a picture of Valo. The styles used in this record is looking mostly on thier softer side. But as always it sounds great.

The lyrics were great. You can really feel something from this album. To me all of thier lyrics fit with the music in a wierd way. But they are most enjoyable. Depending if you have heard HIM at all, the singer has a deep voice, but it really comes out in the song "Gone With The Sin" featured on Razorblade Romance, another must get.

This album really fits HIM, It's softer side really get the mood going. The chicks dig this CD. The ability to be mellow and be enjoyable is very impressive about this CD. I love the instrumentals, and the way it all ties in together. I hate nothing about this CD and, I can honsetly say, I have never had the feeling to say anything negative about this band. If, I had this CD stolen or lost it, I would have a nervous breakdown, lol. No but really I would buy it again.

fezaan66
    Personally, it is a beautiful album, with simple, yet sweet lyrics and some grat melodies
    Megahunter
    Deep Shadows And Briliant Highlights are one of HIMs bestalbusm it has the songs like Heartache Every Moment and In Joy And Sorrow
    Kiotaka
    Ok, I don't know why on top it say's the album's boring, this is the best IMO
    Fly-swatter
    gd review, although Ville has said countless times that the bands name is not H.I.M (or his infernal majesty)it is HIM
    kingnothing04
    some really soft yet metalish songs. great for showing girlfriends or significant others. "Beautiful" is a heart-stealer