Greatest Love Songs, Vol 666 review by HIM

• Released: Nov 20, 1997
HIM: Greatest Love Songs, Vol 666

Amazing, it's like a mix of trash metal, but sounds melodic too. Extremely heavy, but good enough to be played on the radio. The guitaring is amazing, the vocals are deep, but work well with the darker tone of the music. They are very original, and the sound is something fresh, thats just waiting for some radio airplay.

Seeing as their best song is a cover of Chris Issaks "Wicked Game", but valo's lyrics are deep and emotional, even if they are all about love. But the album is titeled Greatest Love Songs, so no surprise there! The lyrics don't seem to fit in with the sound, but they work perfectly, and valos deep vocals are perfect to fit in with the heavy metal sound. Great stuff.

I was amazed with the cd, and the 30 bucks I paid for it was so worth it. Too bad all the otehr Him cds that have come out started to go extremely poppy, with love metal being weak compared to this album. But if you are looking for something extremely fresh and innovative out there, I hope you go out and get this cd, it should be available in stores right now. seeing as they are becoming popular. A masterpiece!