Love Metal review by HIM

• Released: Jan 1, 2003
HIM: Love Metal

This is H.I.M's 5th album and the only one of there albums available in the u.k. without import. In my opinion H.I.M music sounds like a mixture of 2 music types goth and metal but also includes a bit of romance into the lyrics. The sound of the album is quite unique from the slow-burning sound of "The funeral of hearts" to the hyper-active sound of "Soul on fire" to the brilliant piano intro to "The sacrament".

As i said before the album is made of 2 music types goth and metal so you should't be surprised when you hear the line "I see your scars - I know where they're from - so sensually carved and bleeding until you're dead and gone" from track 3 "Beyond redemption". But the again it does have it's kinda romantic lyrics such as "this fortress ont fall-I've built it strong for you" on track 7 "this fortress of tears". So at the end the lyrics are quite gothy but do have a sense of love in them just not the kind of love you expect to hear on a Atomic kitten cd.

In my opinion this was the best album of 2003. Why? Because the mixture of goth and metal music sounds brilliant. Probably the most impressive songs of the album are "The sacrament", "Endless dark" and "Soul on fire". The thing I hate most about this album is that there is only 10 tracks and the thing I love most about this album is that these 10 tracks are brilliant and don't have any errors on them. If this album was stolen I would find the little tramp and kick the holy hell out of HIM. But if I could't find I would easily buy this album again because it truly is worth it for 10. I recommend this album to people who have heard the singles from this album and like it. I don't recommend this album to people who expect the album to sound like Iron Maiden or Metallica (even though both those bands kick-ass and truly are the gods of metal.)