Love Metal review by HIM

• Released: Jan 1, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 5.3 Decent
HIM: Love Metal

If youre a Him fan, I'm sure youve heard Greatest Love Songs Vol. 666 and then you hear this cd. I have to say I was very dissapointed by the sound. I feel thats its really stepping into pop territory and far away by the heavy metal roots of their debut. Every cd they release seems to go softer and softer. Nothing anymore has the heaviness of Wicked Game.

Valo seems to be losing his talent, but their best song was a cover anyways. Wicked Game was amazing, but then again their first cd was a flat out masterpiece. But they lyrics do fit into the poppyness of some of the songs, so I guess theyre just going along with what they do.

I wasnt as dissapointed with this cd as I was with Deep Shadows And Brilliant Highlights. This music is branded as heavy metal, but it has soo many hooks and melodies it seems liek theyre Guns And Roses. Lets hope Valo doesn't become the next Axl Rose. But then again Valo promised to be harder on their next cd, so I await that one. I hope they return to their roots of Greatest Love Songs.