Love Metal review by HIM

• Released: Jan 1, 2003
HIM: Love Metal

HIM has always had this gothic-metal sound, and this album takes it up a notch. The pianist seems to be working twice as hard as their last albums. And the added effect of the acoustic guitar doesn't ruin it. HIM has been one of my all-time favorite bands because of their sound alone. Sweet Pandemonium gives you a feeling that it sort of sounds like older bands, and easily makes it way to #1. Nothing in any of these songs sounds forced, and sound like it belongs.

Ville has tremendous skill, and will forever remain to me one of the best vocalist I have ever heard. HIM has always sung lyrics that have a romantic twist to them, which is one reason it seperates it self from rest of the metal scene. There really isn't much more for me to say, aside from the fact that a little more songs with faster lyrics would be nice.

When I think of the goth-metal scene, I think of HIM. It is not to gothic, but not to metal-ish. It seems to be just enough of both. The most impressive songs are probably, in my opinion, Sweet Pandemonium, Soul On Fire, Buried Alive By Love, and The Sacrament for their music alone. The Sacrament seems to be the most musically talented song of the bunch. Though there is not enough songs on this album, it's definalty worth $15. If it were stolen, I'd kick the idiot of stole it to death, I'd buy it again if I had to.