Razorblade Romance review by HIM

• Released: Dec 19, 1999
HIM: Razorblade Romance

I'll start off by saying this is one of my favorite albums because it's full of song that can make you think and such. All of their songs are love songs but it's bit metal,as they consider themselves "Love Metal". I would call it rock as it isn't fast as metal, they have a good number of slow songs. The guitar is easy on this album tho, but it's still catchy.

Lyrics are well thought and fits well with Ville Valo's voice, as you guessed he isn't growling or screaming as singers do in metal. You can literaly fall in love with lyrics as in "Right Here In My Arms", with lines like "She's smiling like heaven's down earth", it may by simple but it's still represents what a lot of people feel. Sometimes Ville's voice can get on your nerves when doing some popish sounds and such.

It's my favorite album by Him and my favorite songs are definitely "Sigillum Diaboli", "Right Here In My Arms" and "One Last Time". I love the fact that every songs are catchy and make you think of the one you love. I would buy it again and it's worth it.