Razorblade Romance review by HIM

• Released: Dec 19, 1999
HIM: Razorblade Romance

The sound on this album is amazing. It is completly different to any other band. The way that Linde can play guitar is great and fits in well with the songs. Burton's keyboards add a very touching element to songs such as 'Join Me'. The whole band put together make a very emotional and touching musical record.

Villes lyrics are all about love but not in a traditional way. Songs like 'Death is in love with us' and 'Join me' show this. The way Ville can write is so poetic and you can really feel the emotion in his singing. His vocals are amazing. He is a very talented singer. The lyrics and singing really fit very well with the music and it creates alot of atmosphere and genuine emotion.

You can not compare HIM to any other band. They are in a genre of thier own. This is, in my opinion, their best album. there is not a single track that you want to skip when listening to it. If this album got lost or stolen I would buy it again straight away. It's an absolutle classic, since I got it there has not been I day I have not listened to it. The standout tracks are hard to choose because this is an album of standout tracks, but the absolute best are 'Join me' 'Right here in my arms', 'sweet 666' and 'Razorblade kiss' this is an amazing album...if you haven't got it you have to get it NOW NOW NOW!