Uneasy Listening, Vol. 1 review by HIM

• Released: Nov 14, 2006
HIM: Uneasy Listening, Vol. 1

When I first heard there was a HIM rare edition cd, I knew I had to get it. This band is really just very amazing! Their style is very unique and this CD is the one that shows it most because it's mostly all the songs put in a very creative style and what can I say? It was well put. It showed a bit mor eto the songs than at the first sight of them. I really love dthe sound of this record. Sure, there were some songs that get tiresome after a while but over all it was a good work!

To me every HIM lyric is precious and admired. It's just always so passionate and amazing! Their lyrics in this compilation probably have to be most of my favorites and the band's best songs! Of course Ville Valo always shows us that he has one of the most amazing voices in any voice I've ever heard. Even my mom fell in love with Valo's gorgeous voice and that's saying something! His voice evokes sexyness and sound s very sultry! I love Ville's voice, to me he's the best male singer I have heard in a while, after Muse's singer. The only song that I didn't like as much as the others in voice aspects might be Buried Alive by Love, I thought one of his lungs were about to pop out.

The Overall impression from this album might be that HIM always keeps it how they are exactly how they are. You know, their love meets death style. I'd say it's very unique. The Most impressive song might be In Joy and Sorrow and that marvelous string arrangement, it was to love! Others were The Sacrament, The Funeral of Hearts, Please Don't Let it Go and Lose you Tonight. Fantastic song! I love their songs, though I disliked some that were put incredibly different than how I imagined they would be. If this album were stolen I'd probably kick the robber's butt! but I would probably get something else! It's a good album but it's not to die for!

Kiotaka
    poisongirl_92 wrote: Nice review..I want to buy this album and cant wait for Venus Doom
    same here