Uneasy Listening, Vol. 2 review by HIM

• Released: Apr 23, 2007
HIM: Uneasy Listening, Vol. 2

This is the second 'Uneasy Listening' CD from HIM. I would say the sound from that album has not improved. This album has more diverse sounds than the first edition. A few live tracks are on this CD, a few covers, and a few re-makes of older tracks. Unfortunately, no acoustic tracks. The album art, on the other hand, I think is just as good as the first Uneasy Listening CD. An interesting fact is that on the sides of both CDs is half of the heartagram, so if you put both CDs together a full heartagram is produced, which is a very cool idea from HIM.

The lyrics, are pretty much the same as the old albums. A bit different in some tracks. Ville, is one of the best song-writers and vocalist I have ever heard. His voice is lovely. The amazing voice goes very nicely with the wonderful music. This CD is filled with 'remixes' so it is a bit different from the other albums, but I think his voice has improved. In the first Uneasy Listening album, I mentioned that Ville 'over sung' a few tracks, I could not say the same about this CD. On the live covers (with the exception of Wicked Game) his voice doesn't fit the song. So I think that takes away from the greatness factor.

01. Buried Alive By Love [616 Version] - this is definitely a re-make from the old version. The lyrics have changed somewhat, the beat is a bit different. But I think it is quite an interesting, overall good change. 02. Rendezvous With Anus [Dein Arsch] - a new track. Quite catchy. A very sexual song I would say. One of my favorites on the album. 03. Sigillum Diaboli [Studio Live Evil] - very similar to the original. Which kicks ass! Amazingly catchy song. 04. I Love You [White House Version] - very melodic song. One of the best on the album by far. 05. The Begining Of The End [Sad Damn Version] - I absolutely adored the original version of this song. And this version is even better. 06. Again [Hollovlad Tepes] - Ville's voice is amazing on this track. On every track for that matter. But this track, he shows it even more. Great overall song. 07. Wicked Game [Live In Turku] - this is the first of the live tracks on this CD. It adds a different vibe than the other Uneasy Listening CD, only having one live song. Live version is way better than the album version. 08. Sould On Fire [Erich Zann's Supernatural RMX] - almost a techonish remix. Pretty damn cool though. Adds a new sense of what HIM can do. 09. Beautiful [Hollovlad Tepes] - a heavier twist of the song. In my opinion, it is not an improvment. This song does get slower a minute in or so, but it is too heavy compared to the original. 10. Endless Dark [616 Version] - a very cool change up from the original! 11. Hand Of Blood [Live In Turku] - me no likey. 12. Right Here In My Arms [Live In Turku] - this song is preformed live, and it's good! It's very good. 13. Sailin' On [Live In Turku] - originally done by the Bad Brain, so I don't think it was a good song for HIM to preform. 14. Pretending [Cosmicpope Jam Version] - beautiful song. The best song to end the album. A little long though. I would reccomend this album to any HIM fan, just to add to the collection. It's not the best CD in the world, but it is pretty darn good. Go out and buy yourself a copy.