Extreme Behavior review by Hinder

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
Hinder: Extreme Behavior

Even though usually I prefer a little heaver music than Hinder, I must say that I really like this album. Many of the songs are very emotionall, and they have a really distinct sound. If I hear a song by Hinder, I almost immediatly know that it's them, because sound so unique. Some of the acoustics (like in lips of an angel and better than me) are a little tricky to play, and when there rocking harder than that, their notes are really heavy and powerfull. One thing I think they could improve on is making the song a little less repetitive. They are sticking to mostly to traditional song structure (intro-verse-chorus-ect.), and I like when artists mix it up and do something different. Overall there sound is very good though.

I really like the sound of Austin's (lead singer) voice I lot. It's got that raspy kind of voice, kind of like Corey Taylor's from Slipknot and Stone Sour. That's the kind of voice I like best. The actual words he says are very emotionall and often have a deep meaning. His voice is what makes their songs so deep and emotional.

Even though I'm into heavier music, I really like this album. It's very suprising that this is only their first album. They have many hits for it only being the first album. I really like about half of the songs on the album, which is quite a bit, and the other half isnt bad either. I'm very excited to see what their future albums are like. I'd have to say that get stoned or how long is my favorite song on the album, and if it was lost or stolen I would definately buy it again.

theumbrellist
    they called out Ok go for not being rock and roll while ignoring the fact that their "hit" single is nothing but a limp dick power ballad hard rock revival my ass
    theumbrellist
    hinder called ut Ok go for not being rock and roll while ignoring the fact that their "hit" single is nothing but a ripped-off limp-dick power ballad
    ajaxexplorer
    Hinder is alright at best, if their lyrics weren't laughably horrible, I might like them a little more.