Extreme Behavior review by Hinder

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Hinder: Extreme Behavior

When I first heard Hinder, I thought they were just another mainstream band that complains about losing their girlfriends all the time, and It so happened that they do complain about losing their girlfriends all the time, but they do it in a tasteful way. My mother loved the song Lips Of An Angel, so I bought her the album for mothers day. I listenin to the bloody thing more than she does. I am glad to have discovered that they are more talented than I originally thought, not just with Lyrics, but some of the solos that Joe Garvey (guitarist) pulls off aren't half bad. One problem, however, is the songs do get a little bit repetitive, especially with the slow paced songs.

Lyrically, this album is WAY too repetitive. Every song is either about breaking up, nearly breaking up, or wanting someone that they would probably end up breaking up with. Hinder's strength with lyrics is that they can express their overly used lyrics in way that can reach the listeners heart. Though repetitive, the are very powerful, and Austin Winkler's (Lead Vocals) voice helps that along very well. I found in all the songs, Austin Winkler's singing style and the lyrics matched the music very well, the only exemption being Homecoming Queen, simply because the beat and sound is very upbeat, with sadder sounding lyrics. Austin Winkler has the kind of voice that gets stuck in your head, and is impossible to mistake for anyone else.

Overall, this album is pretty good. It is easy on the ears and I found that it is a nice change from what I usually listen to. Though repetitive, it is quite enjoyable. I found that the powerful lyrics and nice and easy guitar work kept me interested through most of the album, though it kinda lost me during Lips Of An Angel. The repetitivness is kinda boring, but overall the CD is nice to listen to. As nice as it is though, I wouldn't go crazy if I lost it.

misirlou
    i suppose if you really, really don't like thinking at all, hinder is the band for you.
    rocknrolldogs
    Hinder pulled rock up from the grave almost. With hip hop becomin so unavoidable it was great to have at least one Rock song as a Big hit.I know their songs kind suck but the lyrics are great. 6/10
    rocknrolldogs
    Hinder isn't great..... .....(two days later).... but like They did keep rock from being overwhelm by rap. The lyrics are the high point in this CD but other than that it sucks. 5/10
    rocknrolldogs
    Sorry about that Could someone send me a email explaing how the UG works and how I send emails on it . at anotherbandwithaplan@yahoo.com
    Metallica Fan08
    What a shitty excuse for a band. Why don't these ****s grow some balls and play some real solos. Just to let you guys know how good these guys are, they played at the ****ing Eastwood Expo Center. It's a tiny ass venue at my mall reserved for only the best bands in the world. NOT!!!!
    Alpha_Wolf
    I actually like Hinder. But... I HATE "Lips of an Angel". It was one of the most overplayed songs ever. Same thing with "Get Stoned". Songs I do like are Homecoming Queen, Bliss, and Shoulda. I like the solos, too. Too bad no one will tab them.
    PMAC01
    When I heard them on the radio so often, I knew they were gonna be the next big boring pop-rock losers. Sucks for them. If they ever make anything good (highly dubious), it will be ignored. Kind of like Hoobastank. That damn song The Reason is played so often that the other WAY more awesome songs on their albums are ignored. Anyone got any other examples? Oh well. Hope their tour bus flies off a cliff somehow.
    cerveza
    just throwin this out there, but Hinder Didn't actually write "Lips of an Angel". I was Brian Howes, the Lead singer for the band Closure. He is now moving into a $2.9 million mansion because of royalties on that song. completely outta left field, just letting anyone who want to know, know.