Extreme Behavior review by Hinder

• Released: Sep 27, 2005
Hinder: Extreme Behavior

To be honest the band uses styles from Nickelback. With heavy riffs practically using the same power chords in every song, with the occasional power ballad. Simple solos, not very lengthy, kind of trendy rythym guitar strumming patterns, and using basic effects in the leads. Flanger, chorus. They're a bit more profane, brining back the sex, drugs, and rock and roll theme. The produduction of this album I have to say is very polished. Nothing is complex. The beats and rythyms are so even. I think hinder has more talent. I'm just saying if Hinder was in the '80s they would be a glam metal band. They don't have real fans. They have the charts.

The lyrics are pretty much such from emo and glam metal bands about break ups, relationships, and the classic sex, drugs, and rock and roll. The lyrics and music mesh well togethor, but I think they should be more creative with they're lyrics. The music seems more rough than the lyics. Austin Winkler has a great vocal style. It sounds a bit gutteral with fine melodies, a mature voice to be exact.

I would say that Extreme Behavior is a modern and softer version of Guns N' Roses Appetite for Destruction. The only songs I really like are the singles. Get Stoned, Better Than Me, and Lips of an Angel. they have a better musical vibe than the other tracks. Everything else is a cheap filler. I mostly like the guitar work with the lead guitars. The solos aren't intricate and complex, but still sound great. I don't like the constant lyrical topics. They should mix it up a bit. The only reason a person would steal this album would most likely be for the cover art. If it were stolen or lost I honestly wouldn't buy it again.

tbarrettl
    This isn't directed at Hinder directly though I would rather have no Mainstream rock bands than the top 40 who should not have success like Nickleback, 3 Doors Down, and these guys.