Take It To The Limit review by Hinder

• Released: Nov 4, 2008
Hinder: Take It To The Limit

Lets start off with saying how good this guys truly are. They are keeping with old rock traditions and living with the "Sex Drugs & Rock n Roll" Scheme. Take it to the Limit comes with a DVD about the Recording process, and les just say these guys are truly phoniminal. I Listen to the 80's rock scene, GNR, Poison, Motley Crue, all those good guys, and with Hinder, there is a very good comparison. My Favorite part of the album is the title track to be honest, the band brought in a high profile guitarist to work the solo and melody on the track, and it was flawless. Motley Crue's Mick Mars made the guest apperance and it was unbelieveable.

Right off the bat, Austin Winkler comes in with the rough voice we know him from "Exreme Behavior". A few of the songs are sex driven (I.e. Use me, Up All Night) which is pretty good... Very good actually. The Lyrics are very well done, and on some songs he slears his voice to make it sleazy, which adds the the lyrics ar which he is singing. Very well done.

This band constantly impresses me, ever since I discoverd them in 2005, I've been listening ever since. And now that "take it to the limit" is out, I'm equally pleased that I am able to listen to some more amazing song. Kudos to Blower and mike for the guitar riffs, and espially blower for the solos, which were mind blowing.

DarcyRoddy
    Good to see a bit of sleaze grunge and sex driven songs that isn't rnb or back alley rap.. Gotta love crude lyrics and attitude aswell. Its good to se the old rocknroll lifestyle lives on!!!
    JoshyJordison
    theotherguy7145
    JoshyJordison wrote: i dont know about this album but their first one they had to learn how to play their parts. Yeah thats right they didnt write anything the got musicians to write it for them. Pieces of shit
    :O I didn't know that! Still, they don't sound bad to be honest. Aerosmith didn't write don't wanna miss a thing, but its still one of their biggest hits.
    Bloom_12
    sidvicious_91 wrote: Hinder have got to be the biggest piece of shit ever, next to nickelback. odd how like nobody knows that their biggest hit (lips of an angel) is a COVER!!!! shit.
    your an idiot.
    wemetaliens
    A-440
    wemetaliens wrote: Its sad that most of the general population has a close mind. Thats why popular music has taken such a steep decline. Popular music now days does not have honest music and no one is ever in a hurry to try a different sound. Its just bands that know the forumla to write a popular song and forever they follow that formula until they destroy the genre. There is a reason why Nickelback and Hinder are disliked by most musicians. Its just regurgitated music that is written only to make money. Its not art anymore its just entertainment. Sad so many people never open up to find music thats not on the radio. So much good music unheard. Flame me if you want, if you do...I pity you
    i agree with you but one concession point. some radio music is good. you can know the "formula" and still make "art", because at the end of the day, no matter how technical a song is, if it's not catchy, it's not for me.
    GoWithTheFlow
    this band is below average and the guy needs to work on his vocals, no matter how unique. there is better stuff in the world to listen to and spend your money on than this band. didn't bash, just frustrated with their music.
    afrosk8er395
    i love this album its great. i really didnt like extreme behaviour but i love this and also the fact my favorite guitarist mick mars is on it.
    tboat
    u guys r idiots they do write teir own music just lips of an angel was writen for them and u gotta admit they r prretty talented at least with the vocals and guitar which u dont see very often anymore
    trevor_chaney
    Aziraphale wrote: mosh_rocker2006 wrote: Just about every review that i've looked at whether i like the band or despise them...the reviews have all been 8 something reviews. I'm not sure why this is, but i know that they all can't possibly have been 8's. Especially a Hinder album...honestly...talk about a band that's writing songs to make a hits. There is NO honesty in their music...it's disgusting! And i don't care if i get bashed for this. It's my opinion. I just think they're the prime example of a band that is popular because they write popular radio songs. Shocking, isn't it? When you write songs that people want to listen to, you get popular. It makes no sense, completely illogical. Stick to writing songs that nobody wants to hear, if that works for you.
    Exactly. If your gonna write a song "from the heart" and nobody wants to hear it, then nobody gets your message anyway, because they don't want to listen to your crappy music. Hinder is a band where their lyrics may not be straight "from the heart," but people still get the message that the song is about because they know how to make a song tolerable.