Live Through This review by Hole

• Released: Apr 12, 1994
Hole: Live Through This

The sound of the first of the two hole CD's has a slightly harsher sound to it. Live Through This doesn't have the softness and thoughtful lyrics that Celebritry Skin does, replacing it with head-banging all out rock. It doesn't really do anything new with rock but it still sounds great.

Although the lyrics of Celebrity Skin are more personal the lyrics of Live thorugh this range from bizare (violet) to as thoughtful and sad as Celebrity Skin (Miss World) The lyrics in Live Through This were the first lyrics I looked up on the internet. Courtney Love delivers the lyrics according to the song perfectly. She has no problem singing a soft song and the harsh rasp of her voice contributes to the overall sound of the rockier songs.

Live Through This is a great CD to pick up. If you get both this and Celebrity skin you will hear the difference that I was talking about. Overall a great CD. The most impressive song on the disc is Violet. If I lost this CD I would definitely go pick up another one right away. Check out Live Through This. Peace Out.