Live Through This review by Hole

• Released: Apr 12, 1994
Hole: Live Through This

I think the sound from this album is fantastic. It's incredible how Courtney Love can sing angry, grungy songs with a raspy voice like "Violet" or "Rock Star" and then add a ton of feeling and sadness into slower songs like "Asking For It" or "Softer, Softest".You can totally tell she was singing about things from personal experience.

The music and lyrics were a perfect pair. For example, in "Asking for It" the way she sings "... every time that I stare into the sun, angel dust and my dress just comes undone... " and then have a heavy distortion in the guitar and have her screaming "... every time that I stare into the sun, be a model or just look like one... " is perfect. Courtney Love has a fantastic way of adding feeling to songs with her grungy raspy voice.

Compared to other Hole albums, I think "Live Through This" gives you an inside look to Courtney Love's heart and the way she expresses things. This is a really emotion album. I loved it! The most impressive songs I think are "Violet", "Asking For It", "Miss World" and more. I just can't decide on some, it's almost all of them. I love her voice, I love her music, I love the way she writes the lyrics. I would totally buy this album again if it got lost or stolen.

fendercobain87
    ScarOfTheWind
    Nah. Have you even listened to this album? It's pretty sweet. One of my personal favourites. It may not be the reason why she was famous, but she's a pretty damn good songwriter and musician. You should listen to it! Won't regret it Courtney rocks, in my opinion, whatever people say!!
    CiReMaN
    fendercobain87 wrote: **** this album **** courtney love . she helped kill kurt cobain. thats the only reason why she was ever famous is because she was married to him **** hole ...
    You're Right Man!