Swan Songs review by Hollywood Undead

• Released: Sep 2, 2008
Hollywood Undead: Swan Songs

Hollywood Undead is a rap rock/rapcore band. There are some good Hip-hop beats used within the album that are place under some. At times, very forceful vocals. However at time I feel the sound gets to over-processed and too much tries to get added in, with very little shifts in dynamics through-out most of the songs. To me certain songs also have too much high-end instrumentation incorporated and not enough bass sounds.

Someone's angry. I think that would be the best way to describe the lyrics within this album. There not a happy bunch of individuals. Some of the lyrics are well worked, however most of the time are about either getting drunk, killing people, sleeping with women or a combination of the both. Some songs tend to stray away from this however, with "Young" being one of them.

Unfortunately for me the best song on the album is the song that was released "Undead" and as it's also the first song on the album, I find myself just listening to that song far more than the rest. However it does pick up at some points through-out the album, with "Young" also being a very good song. Overall I think this is a good example of a rock rap/rapcore album.