Swan Songs Review

artist: Hollywood Undead date: 05/21/2012 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ad free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Hollywood Undead: Swan Songs
Released: Sep 2, 2008
Genre: Rapcore, Nu-Metal
Label: Octone Records
"Swan Songs" is the debut album by Hollywood Undead. Overall I think this is a good example of a rock rap/rapcore album.
 6.2
 7.7
 4.6
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Swan Songs Reviewed by: Footzyrama, on may 21, 2012

Sound: Hollywood Undead is a rap rock/rapcore band. There are some good Hip-hop beats used within the album that are place under some. At times, very forceful vocals. However at time I feel the sound gets to over-processed and too much tries to get added in, with very little shifts in dynamics through-out most of the songs. To me certain songs also have too much high-end instrumentation incorporated and not enough bass sounds. // 7

Lyrics: Someone's angry. I think that would be the best way to describe the lyrics within this album. There not a happy bunch of individuals. Some of the lyrics are well worked, however most of the time are about either getting drunk, killing people, sleeping with women or a combination of the both. Some songs tend to stray away from this however, with "Young" being one of them. // 7

Overall Impression: Unfortunately for me the best song on the album is the song that was released "Undead" and as it's also the first song on the album, I find myself just listening to that song far more than the rest. However it does pick up at some points through-out the album, with "Young" also being a very good song. Overall I think this is a good example of a rock rap/rapcore album. // 9

Comments