Every Man For Himself review by Hoobastank

• Released: May 16, 2006
Hoobastank: Every Man For Himself

Of course, Markku left to leave open the bass spot, but don't let that disappoint you if you are a Hoobastank fan. Most certainly more than a trio, this album captures a lot more elements than their previous albums. Using horns, flutes, and occasional guitar solos, most fan's of music in general should be able to appreciate this album. It's definately different, but I found it didn't take very long to get used to like most albums do. Overall, all the songs sound very complete and the complete opposite of what most would call "rushed". Slightly poppy but more melodic, it's a pleasant change.

Many people have drastically different opinions on the singer Doug. The most sparking comment I hear is that he is ok on CD but horrible live. Personally, I have seen them live and I thought he sang great other than the poor EQ from where I was at (too much treble). He's even better on CD in my opinion and this album is not any different. He's broadened into a better choice of lyrics, regardless of what he's trying to say. With this, it seems to flow a tad bit less than previous albums but still an awesome effort.

This is definately their most solid album and I'm sure they have a lot left under their belt as long as everything works out. So far, I don't have any favorites from the album considering they're all pretty unique but fall together. I love it's change toward a more progressive and skilled style while keeping it catchy. If you're the slightest fan of Hoobastank, definately give this one a try.

ext_22
    its kinda weird how some ppl like to talk shit bout others but probably they themselves are crap.I mean since u guys who complain so much bout hoobastank are so ****in good y dun i seeu coming up with an album or ur names or fugly faces on tv or any form of mass media? btw hoobastank rules! **** u haters!
    axeman84
    hoobastank has 2 good songs,,,,the rest of them are themes for some gay drama
    KaiserX
    wow, this review is way overrating this album. This album was weak. I dont really like them but i still give them SOME credit for The Reason. But this album was trash, listening through the entire thing was torture. Hoobastank - you lost your chance of redemption.
    unreal8350
    great album .vocals are very good. im not the biggest fan of the music style onthis album. a little to lite, but still ag reat album. it grows on you. hoobastank si the shiz.
    SMterminator
    Uhh, Chris Cheney is the guitarist in The Living End... HOW DARE YOU SAY HES ASSOCIATED WITH HOOBASKANK lol.
    sithian476
    Seriously, people need to stop associating "pussy" or "shit" to Hoobastank just because they aren't heavy.
    BrokenWingman
    I'm with Sithian. That seems to be the general opinion amongst the metal heads. Don't get me wrong, I love some metal, but come on, just because Hoobastank, isn't extremely and doesn't have shredding guitar doesn't mean they don't have good music. Their melodies, and vocals and guitar work are very solid, and this album was a nice branching out of taste, and talent. They finally changed their sound, and their lyrics. At least it isn't Emo.