The Reason review by Hoobastank

• Released: Dec 9, 2003
Hoobastank: The Reason

I bought the first album a while ago and I was blown away by this band. Their 2nd album, The Reason, has some great riffs. Most of it is a lot heavier than the 1st, and that's the way I like my rock.

The 1st one's lyrics were mainly about how they had changed in life. This album is mainly about love and relationships. Same Direction is a bit political, but I don't care. And Doug's vocals are awesome and they fit the lyrics well. Although, I admit, his screams on Out of Control are a bit whiny, but he backs it up with some awesome singing.

I loved both albums and I think that Hoobastank has a ton of talent and I hope that they use it well in their future. They are capable of so much. I bought this a few weeks after I bought the new Incubus album, and I've been listening to Hoobastank more. Any Incubus or Filter fan will love this album. My fav. songs are Out Of Control, The Reason, Same Direction, Escape, and Unaffected, but the whole album is awesome. If this album was stolen or lost, I would definetely buy it again. Buy this album. You won't regret it.