The Reason review by Hoobastank

• Released: Dec 9, 2003
Hoobastank: The Reason

I think Hoobastank has evolved in music especially in their sound. The drums are really fat followed by a really great basslines which makes the pair (Chris and Markku) a great rhythm section. The "Let It out" guitar parts are really great and fast enough to feel the groove. I like the strings arrangements of "The Reason", "Lucky", and "Disappear" which complements the guitar riffs of Dan Estrin. What I most liked is the acoustic guitar figures in "Lucky" (in intro and verses) and it really makes me dig into the song.

Their lyrics are actually short but I just loved it. I think Doug Robb is a great singer with a purpose to let his frustration out of his soul. His vocal cords in "The Reason" are very impressive because he can sing high and "Out Of Control" with some high-pitched screeching vocals (I'm spinning out of control I'm out of control) with the help of those in Lost Prophets.

This album lands this band to success because of the song The Reason which receives an unbelievable airplay. I love all the songs especially "Lucky" because of that acoustic guitar parts. I love it because I listen to this disc. If this was stolen, I'm gonna buy it again because I can't play music without it.