Lovesick Electric Review

Hot Chelle Rae: Lovesick Electric
Released: Oct 27, 2009
Genre: Alternative Rock
Label: Jive Records
While being a new band, Hot Chelle Rae displays a sound similar to that of older rock bands in Lovesick Electric.
 7.4
 7.3
 7.4
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
Lovesick Electric Reviewed by: a7xb4d, on november 24, 2009

Sound: While being a new band, Hot Chelle Rae displays a sound similar to that of older rock bands (70's maybe) in Lovesick Electric. The style shows a mixture of technoish and rock sounds, giving a very unique sound compared to those of today. The sound of the album is very uplifting (except maybe "Bleed") and shows that they're having fun making it. All of this makes a pretty good sound, but not the best I've ever heard. // 6

Lyrics: The lyrics of most of the songs in Lovesick Electric are pretty good. As is the case with many bands, these lyrics relate to love. However, there are a few "fun" songs like "I Like to Dance" that have no particular meaning. There is a part in "Alright" where vocalist Ryan Follese combines the end of the chorus with the beginning of the next verse, which is very cool. Speaking of which, Hot Chelle Rae's vocalist, Ryan Follese is very talented. He can hit some very high notes, as well as mid-range ones. The lyrics tend to go with the music very well. The best example has to be on "Bleed" where they make a pause in the singing to do a pick slide that makes the lyrics come out very dramatically. // 8

Overall Impression: My overall impression of Lovesick Electric is a very positive one. My favorite songs from the album are probably "Bleed" (the most rockish one), "Nothing Left to Hide", and "Bushes". I love the feeling you get after you listen to one of their songs, a very good feeling (you'll understand when you listen to it). One thing I hate about the album is a sort of pop feel to it (I really hate pop), making the genre of the album often come up under pop. However, this is an album that is one of my favorites. I would say it is similar to Third Eye Blind and Rainbow sort of mixed and then a few other things added. If you like that sort of music, you'll like Lovesick Electric. If you don't, well you still might, but it is more likely you won't. // 8

Comments