Elevator review by Hot Hot Heat

• Released: Apr 5, 2005
Hot Hot Heat: Elevator

I have to totally disagree with the previous review. I only got this CD recently, but it is on high rotation in my collection which is extensive, trust me. The sound is very crisp. I don't know if that is allowed to be used in relation to music, but I love that term. Dave Sardy has a way of getting the crispness across, but yet the sound is exactly like the live sound we here at HHH's gigs. Steve Bays' voice is not 'unbearable', but unique. I really don't see what could be annoying about it. I can think of numerous singers that have more annoying voices.

The lyrics is poppy. There seems to be no real depth to them, but that ain't bad. Does anyone really want to listen to a record that makes you want to slash your wrists afterwards?

I loved the album. I highly recommend it to anyone who loves sardy's work - Jet, et al. Highlights? 'You Owe Me An IOU', 'Shame On You', and 'Elevator' brings the CD to a fabulous close. Overall, Hot Hot Hears "Elevator" is a fantastic CD. It provides me with a perfect start to the day with its boppy music and lyrics.