Exister Review

artist: Hot Water Music date: 08/03/2012 category: compact discs

Sign up to get weekly digest with top stories from UG. Ads free, only news.

Thanks for subscribing! Check your email soon for some great stories from UG

Hot Water Music: Exister
Released: May 15, 2012
Genre: Punk Rock, Post-Hardcore
Label: Rise Records
The veterans of punk rock and roll are back with their 8th album release.
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Exister Reviewed by: vppark2, on august 03, 2012

Sound: The veterans of punk rock and roll are back with their 8th album release. That is a special number here because it has also been 8 years since then since their last release in '04. I will say that I am, by no means a punk rocker. I like some pop-punk here and there, but there just isn't much else that is pure punk that I like. I am not saying that I do not like any of that stuff or any old school punk bands, but I just prefer listening to other things. This album, however, just made me love. I'm not quite sure why, but this album is something that I could imagine myself playing while I'm driving to like Boston (yes, I'm from Massachusetts). Like this sort of stuff I can imagine hearing at Boston Red Sox games, and such. It's just got that sort of feel. // 9

Lyrics: Lyrics are good on every song. The song that I had enjoyed the most, however, was, "Drag My Body". My favorite lines are, "Well I got my head up in a critical mess. Fighting like a demon in a shell I possess. Gnashing my teeth and speaking in tongues. Still shaking something mental at a loss of the words I'd once known. Something's rattling my bones." The first time I had heard this song I could imagine myself fighting, and having that persona as an animal in a shell, and gnashing my teeth. I almost felt like I was on an Anime show! Lol. I love the lead singer's voice, though. He's got a hard, tough, cold, and yet soulful type voice. The power in his voice kind of reminded me of Hinder's lead front man, just not similar bands... Haha. I got more of an Alkaline Trio type vibe meets Big D And The Kids Table. // 9

Overall Impression: I'd compare this to Alkaline Trio, Rise Against, and pretty much any other pure punk band out there. Every song was impressive, so I didn't get that impression that a few songs in particular really stood out. This is punk rock at its finest. // 8

Comments