Stop All The World Now review by Howie Day

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Howie Day: Stop All The World Now

Howie Day is an excellent singer/songwriter and he loves to use lots of different guitar FX in his songs. His most popular songs are 'Ghost' and 'Sorry so sorry'. In this album, however, his music is a little different in terms of style. There is a little bit less acoustic in this record, so that opens the doors for plenty of effects. The sound is quite good, rich but savy at times. It's definitely worth a listen or two, but I wish I had a chance to listen to the whole CD at the store before I bought it.

As usual, Howie's lyrics are really good. Some times they don't make a whole lot of sense, but they're kinda 'fun' to listen to (and sing along). He has a great voice, so the singing always sounds good, and it seems to me that he put a lot of thought into these lyrics and the notes to which they are sung. The lyrics go perfectly hand-in-hand with the music styles and they really make the songs more enjoyable to listen to (not that they're unenjoyable at all).

I would compare this album to John Mayer's latest. The guitar work, though, isn't quite as complicated as John's, and I was able to tab one of the songs after 2 hours of buying the CD. Speaking of which, I bought this one for $22 Cdn. It's rare to see CD's that much these days, but I really wanted it. Was it worth it? Yes, I would say so. I really like 'Sunday morning song' and 'Collide' and 'She says' on this CD. It's worth buying and it's definitely worth a listen or two. If it were stolen, I'd be f*cking pissed, and I don't think I would it again, since I don't have an extra $22 lying around. Not a bad album though, and if you like this kind of music (I assume you do, since you're reading this review) you will like Howie Day's styles and sounds.