Vol. I review by Hurt

• Released: Mar 21, 2006
Hurt: Vol. I

Through Flickers of many other band's sounds, Hurt has manifested it's own unique, dark sound. A modern rock band with a Old Victorian feel to it and a dark edge is almost unheard of! That could be one of the reasons Hust is so amazing. They're that different. With their moments of flamenco and others of screaming, this young band has created a very underrated masterpiece.

These lyrics truly portray the agony of the singer, and blend perfectly with the intense passion in the music. Their harmonization slides perfectly into place, if it's more on the standard side or has a litte more edge in it like in "Cold Inside". This has the feel of a rock opera, but still mantains a different story in each of the deep songs.

Mainstream music is all the same, is overplayed, and is low quality. That is why Vol. 1 isn't mainstream. It is it's own type of music and deserves not to be seen as mainstream. This album is an amazing work of music and should be an instant classic the first time you hear it. As one of my good friends said, "The last song of any CD is a glorious showcase of the band's talent and power. It just leaves you wanting more and makes you wait in agony for their next CD. Now take that feeling times 11; cause this CD is all last songs."

toolfan_121
    Metal_Hed_23 wrote: rebreh wrote: Ten ton brick is the sheeeet
    and not on this album.
    webbster87
    Yo Hurt is making a new cd called Vol. II and hit store sometime in september! I CAN"T WAIT!!!
    toolfan_121
    Gambler82 wrote: I think they are majorly influenced by Porcupine Tree. If you check out the CDs Stupid Dream, In Absentia and Deadwing. Checkout the songs Baby Dream In Cellophane, and A Smart Kid on the Stupid Dream Album. I noticed it right away. Porcupine Tree, and Hurt are definitely two of my favourite bands for sure.
    Dude, props to you for being into such great bands.
    mtrev009
    toolfan and gambler are retarded. Hurt sounds nothing like porcupine tree. That singer(porcupine) has nothing on Loren. As well, if you compare bands. Sure they have talent but should not even be considered as influences of hurt. Terrible reference.