A Taste Of Extreme Divinity review by Hypocrisy

• Released: Oct 23, 2009
Hypocrisy: A Taste Of Extreme Divinity

Once again, Hypocrisy returns strongly with a powerful new album to add on to the brilliance in their name. This album is no nonsense, with crushing death metal and pure melodic death metal riffs. Hypocrisy have great power in their music, and with this new release, they once again prove to the world that this is true. They have great heavy guitar sound accompanied by strong drumming by Horgh. Peter Tagtgren expresses his high screams and low growls extremely well through out the album, showing his great vocal range. With melodic songs such as "Alive" and "Solar Empire" they show one half of Hypocrisy, whereas with songs such as "Valley Of The Damned" and "Tamed (Filled With Fear)" they show the other, much heavier side. They mix these two sides perfectly to craft something unique and brilliant to their sound.

I've already talked about Peters great vocals and his range, and now I must say that his lyrics are quite interesting, usually talking about gods, and other science fiction things. There isn't that much special with the lyrics, they are better than just about all other metal lyrics, and Peters vocal skills definitely make it so much better.

This album is definitely my favorite album of the year and was just crafted to near perfection. The 4 years in between A Taste Of Extreme Divinity and their last release (not including Catch 22 because that's a re-release) was for sure worth the wait. What I really enjoy about this album is the fact that they can be heavy and melodic at the same time, and that they've really made great riffs. Usually when bands get older they tend to suck more, but not in Hypocrisy's case, they have come back stronger than ever.

ktulu51
    Senor Kristian
    This band is great. One of my favourite bands of all time! And the new release shows they're still able to make some awesome death metal.
    Jondy
    I am addicted to "Tamed." I listen to that song over and over, and I can't become tired of it. It's just SO... SO GOOD.
    Masterofpirates
    I see them next month. Can't wait, hope they play New World, Sky's falling down or Eraser. I will die a happy man.
    Carlo Klaassen
    One of my fav bands ! Great album(again).Peter continues to amaze me with his brilliant songwriting and productions !
    DanRocks3000
    holy shit where?
    Brave Moonlight
    DanRocks3000 wrote: ktulu51 wrote: Nice. The only thing I know about these guys is that Alexi Laiho is playing with them in a week and a half live. Im pissed I can't go. holy shit where?
    Alexi Laiho was hired as a live rhythm guitarist for their next tour.
    The Black Salts
    It's a great album but I'm not feeling the urge to listen to it over and over. A little too melodic for me.