I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business review by I Can Make a Mess Like Nobody's Business

• Released: Oct 26, 2004
I Can Make a Mess Like Nobody's Business: I Can Make A Mess Like Nobody's Business

Ace Enders' solo project has a unique and stirring sound to it, not at all unlike his band the Early November. Ace's vocals are stunning, to say the least, and the wide array of instruments gives the album real variety while still conveying the general emotional theme of the songs. Overall the sound is very well done, and quite moving.

About as deep as Saves The Day and heartfelt as Chris Carrabba, Ace's lyrics are raw, intellegent and moving. His ability to sum up his world (including himself) into such mysteriously deep simplicity, is something truly remarkable. The end result is mesmerizing.

Although the name flies well below the radar, and the sound isn't exactly what one would expect from an emo band (the songs have a tendancy to run together somewhat, and the many instruments used aren't quite the norm), I have found I Can Make A Mess to be thoroughly enjoyable. I definantly recommend it, especially to fans of the Early November and emo/acoustic music in general. This album is well worth the time to find.

indie_prep
    Wow. Ace Enders is possibly one of the greatest song writers of all time. this cd has helped me through the worst times in my life. ive been listening to it for over a year and im still not tired of it.
    yosefgamble
    I love the way Ace Enders can totally make a song perfect I enjoy playing his songs on guitar and singing them.