Amidst The Bloodshed review by I Declare War

• Released: Oct 9, 2007
I Declare War: Amidst The Bloodshed

I was very disappointed after I listened to their album "Malevolence", but gave this band an another chance and got the older "Amidst The Bloodshed". My reaction was like "wow, now this is heavy". I have to say, this is a very decent Deathcore album. Very heavy and very brutal with really facemelting and fitting breakdowns. Well, the production isn't the best (especially the kick drum) but I can stand it.

I don't really cared about the lyrics (they are mostly inaudible anyways) but after I've thrown a look onto them they looked pretty decent. They include social, political, anti-religious and murder topics - standard. Well the vocalist is a monster. Vocals on "Amidst The Bloodshed" include gutturals, low-pitched death growls, pig squeals and some additional gang shouts. He has a very good voice and great growling skills.

If you was disappointed by "Malevolence" like me, try this album. Also good CD for every Deathcore fan. If you are into slow, heavy and slamming breakdowns, gutturals, pig squeals and brutality overall, this CD is for you. If you don't like it, you'll probably not like "Amidst The Blodshed".

FallOhHeaven
    Ok, I'm sorry guys, I just realized I really, really f*cking failed on this review (my first review in english ever btw). Still a good album for deathcore fans, people they're not into this music will probably hate it. And I apologize for my bad english. It's not my native language.
    Cheeseman Jay
    Judging by the quality of the review, 5 year olds are now becoming increasingly aware of the Deathcore scene.
    LordEarthworm
    this is the worst review i've ever seen. and i disagree, their new album is actually really solid (if you're actually into deathcore), but i wouldn't bother checking out any of their earlier stuff tbph. he was definitely right about the kickdrum sounding awful.