I Declare War review by I Declare War

• Released: Oct 11, 2011
I Declare War: I Declare War

This is I Declare War's new album with a new singer. This album is Definitely a Deathcore album, but it also has all the elements of death metal. I got to see these guys live with Whitechapel on the "Welcome To Hell" tour and they were great. If you are not a Deathcore fan do not buy this. But to me, I love this album and I love this band. When you open the CD and look at it, it has a noose on it. Half the reason I like buying CDs is the packaging. There are the songs on this slab of meat and they are all awesome!

The lyrics and the music are well written... "they came, they f**king conquered!" Very brutal lyrics and delivered well by Jamie. His vocal style is very guttural. Definitely a death metal vocalist. The album sees a lot of breakdowns and a constant pummeling by the drummer, not really blast beats but a nice heavy groove. My favorite tracks are "March On", "Human Waste", and "I, Tormentor". These guys aren't pulling off anything innovative, but I like their formula and they are probably the best band to come out of Seattle since Sacred Reich!,

Again "March On", "Human Waste", "I Tormentor" and "The Dot" are all brutal. But I love this whole album from start to finish. I love the fact that they don't actually sound like every other Deathcore band. They have their own sound and a lot of it has to do with the vocals. Now I understand that some people are gonna bash this band and this review. I rated "I Declare War" based on my musical tastes. I have been listening to metal since the mid eighties and Deathcore is my favorite genre. So you can write your BS comments and bash and trash this genre and this band, I do not care. I will defend IDW and any good death metal / deathcore band to the death! Pun intended. I only wished these guys had a few more solos than they do and this album would have gotten all 10's. If it was lost I would buy it again. These guys have the potential to evolve to huge status, such as Whitechapel and Suicide Silence. I hope they don't grow too stagnant.

TriKef
    Whats up with some these deathcore reviews? Just talk about the album for christ sakes. I already know that I'm probably not going to like it since deathcore isn't my thing and wasn't going to comment on it anyways, but can I at least read a review that makes decent points and comparisons and not spend part of their review defending their opinions by going like "based on my musical taste..."? No sh1t, its a review. Its your opinion in the first place (I hope)and some people will disagree because they also have their own opinions. If you know its going to happen, then deal with it. Stop trying to prepare for something you can't stop and focus on the f-ing album and review.
    iommi600
    Well, just checked this out on youtube... what I can say is that... This is just as good as putting a toothpick under your big toenail and kicking a wall afterwards.
    a drummer
    wbjackson517 wrote: I don't care if you think this review is terrible. I don't care about negative comments. This is a great album and I think I did a decent job reviewing it. If you don't like death metal, deathcore or brutal music then sit at home and download your Nickelback or Five Finger Death Punch and quit reading these reviews!
    I like death metal, deathcore and brutal music
    sc_stanger
    hahahaha here we go with the go listen to nickelback comments. just because someone doesn't like meandering chest thumping music where you have to have the lyrics in front of you to at least understand one part of the song.
    wbjackson517