Music For The Recently Deceased review by I Killed the Prom Queen

• Released: Jan 1, 2006
I Killed the Prom Queen: Music For The Recently Deceased

The music for this album is amazing. I thought that they did an excellent job on the breakdowns and the overall rythm itself. This album right now is probably one of my favorites because of how well the music goes together. The riffs at the beggining of Headfirst, And the end riffs of Faithful sword are, in my opinion the best riffs of the album.

I do not really know what this album is about, the lyrics don't seem to have any hidden meaning behind them at first glance, But after examining it (lyrics, cover and album name) you can kind of figure out what the overall album is about. Maybe I am wrong but after looking at it I found that the album might be about two close people seperating (from one dying or somthing else) and as hard as they try they may never see eachother again. From the cover you can see that the two hands are reaching out for eachother but they can't seem to reach eachother. And the album name, music for the recentely deceased, maybe it is pointing to someone who is dead or dying. And the song names and lyrics. Say goodbye, The deepest Sleep, may also be pointing to two people seperating. as far as singing goes I think they did a lot better on this record than their other ones.

Iktpq is not compared to much other bands except for some more australian bands like Parkway Drive. The most impessive songs on the album to me are Sharks in you mouth, Say Goodbye, Columbian Necktie, Deepest sleep, Headfirst, and slain by my faithful sword, all those I like for the breakdowns, riffs and how well the music blends, but as far as signing I like Bet it all on black because of how low the signers voice gets. I love the riffs of the songs and the singer vocals. If it were stolen or lost I would eventually buy it again but only beacause I have it on my ipod but if my album and ipod was stolen I would go buy it the day it got stolen.

itry_itry
    ****ing great album, so much more distinctive with Ed Butcher, and yeah i agree with the bit about goodbye means forever, the first couple of songs are alright
    Amuro Jay
    this album was freaking amazing. PWD and IKTPQ kinda restored my faith in conventional metalcore. they put a fresh spin on it when everything else became stale for me. shame that they broke up
    iktpq666
    and what is SWEEDISH BREAKDOWNS? SINCE WHEN HAS A BLUE AND YELLOW FLAG BEEN SEEN IN A MOSH?
    actually a gigantic sweedish flag can be seen in a live vid of trivium playing gunshot to the head of trepidation.
    guitarfreak222
    seokorn wrote: these guys better then parkway drive?
    I think that parkway drive is way better since they have better vocals and song structures but I killed the prom queen is awesome too!!