Your Past Comes Back to Haunt You review by I Killed the Prom Queen

• Released: Mar 7, 2005
I Killed the Prom Queen: Your Past Comes Back to Haunt You

This was a very early on EP from IKTPQ. The Adelaide Quintet were starting to make an imprint on the Australian hardcore scene and this album really set them out in the field. Only 6 songs on this CD but it's still a blinder. Awesome screaming and backing vocals from Jona. Sadly Jona has left the band now and IKTPQ have split up. He moved to the LA Metallers "Bleeding Through" who I personally think are not better and it's a shame they split up. But overall a very bold sound, crushing guitar riffs and decapitating choruses. Their usually style of screaming in the verse and singing on the chorus makes them an awesome band.

Not many people understand the lyrics from IKTPQ but they are trully amazing, main inspirations for songs being Love, Life and Death they trully are astonshing at songwriting. Crafter the vocalist at this point had a very good screaming voice, he would leave the band after "When Goodbye Means Forever" and the now vocalist would come in. The lyrics on You're Not Worth Saving are reffering to how they could die for their friends and how they don't care what anyone thinks of them. A brutal track along with "Choos to love, live or die" this is a crazy song with loads of screaming and you can barely understanding what is being said most of the time. The most listened to track on this EP is "Never Never Land". Although my personal favourite is you're Not Worth Saving.

Very short and schweet but definately a must but for IKTPQ fans. I don't hate anything about this album at all, it's amazing throughout and just makes me love this unique Mathcore/Death Metal even more. If some one stole it I wouldn't worry because I would know that "In The End We'll Both Rot Together".

xDirtySouthx
    Bignose
    JB guitarist
    Bignose wrote: xDirtySouthx wrote: You had the right idea with this review and for the most it wasnt too bad however, Crafter left after this e.p not after "When Goodbye Means Forever". You also mention this is a really early EP but its not it came out after When goodbye means forever and basically is some rerecordings of old songs plus a cover track from Crafters and Jona's old band The Fall of Troy. Also might add that in NO WAY can IKTPQ be considered mathcore or death metal but look you tried good stuff for writing a review uhhhh I'm pretty sure that Jona and Crafter have never, ever, been in fall of troy.
    They use to be in a band called Fall of troy. But then fall of troy broke up and former members created I killed the prom queen. And then another Fall of troy formed in the u.s.