Quicksilver Meat Dream review by I Mother Earth

• Released: Apr 22, 2003
I Mother Earth: Quicksilver Meat Dream

This is the definition of a modern Rock giutar album. The style is somewhat progressive but would satisfy fans of "rock" or alternative. You can really hear a Rush influence on the album. It has that "wall of guitars" sound.

This album is lyrically one of the best albums I've listened to. It is a concept album, that is it tells somewhat of a story from beginning to end. Read the lyrics as you listen to it and you'll know what I mean. The lyrics and the music compliment each other very well. The moods of each song are reflected in the music. It has angry aggresive stuff as well as soulfull melodic parts as well, sometimes in the same song...it's very interesting. It is the singers, Brian Byrnes', second effort with the bans, his first being Blue Green Orange. He is brilliant on this album.

This album is a bit of a departure from the bands earlier works. It's a more "mature" album. My favourites are God Rocket, Like the Sun and Meatdreams although all the songs are great. It's one of those rare albums that you buy and every song stimulates a different emotion...well, for me anyway. If it were lost I would DEFINITELY buy it again. So smoke a big joint, put the headphones on and crank it up...you won't be disappointed!