Safe Is Just A Shadow review by Ice Nine Kills

• Released: Jul 12, 2010
Ice Nine Kills: Safe Is Just A Shadow

"Safe Is Just A Shadow" is Ice Nine Kills third album, released around this time last year. Compared to other albums that the band has made, this is the heaviest album yet. The lead and rhythm guitars go well together. The heavier style shows in the breakdowns and the more frequent screams. I would've liked another acoustic track like "The Simple Act Of Giving Up", "What I Should Have Learned In Study Hall" or "What I Really Learned In Study Hall", but I love this album regardless. There are 10 tracks. 01. Proximity Mines In The Complex 02. Buildings Burn, People Die 03. Chris Brown's Latest Hit 04. Netwon's Third Law Of Knives To The Back 05. So This Is My Future 06. Acceptance In Waves 07. Red Sky Warning 08. The People Under The Stairs 09. The Greatest Story Ever Told (Remake from their last album "The Burning") 10. Evidence On Fire

The lyrics give me the impression the are about overcoming and believing in something and not letting anything get in between even if there are consequences. The lyrics and music fit well together and the screams are well done. The screams also mix well with the clean vocals. Spencer, JD and Shane do a great job with all of the vocals.

I have always liked Ice Nine Kills because they were different than the other bands I would listen to. I love the remake of "The Greatest Story Ever Told". Two other favorites would probably be "Proximity Mines In The Complex And The People Under The Stairs". I love this album completely. I would definitely buy this album again.

WackyWesty
    This an album I haven't stopped listening too since it was first released. Every song has it's own unique style and originality. Songs that weren't my favourites upon first impressions soon became the ones that became my favourites. Every time I listen to a song I heard something new that I didn't hear before. There's so much skill and depth to the guitar and drum work. They stand out over every band coming out at the minute. I highly recommend listening to them. The more you listen the more you'll love. I barely listened to any albums in 2011 because of them. I never skip tracks by them either. Can't wait for their new album this spring/summer.
    Disturbed_EMG
    Pretty general, unspecific review. I only listen to 3, maybe 4 songs from this album which would be Proximity Mines in the Complex, Buildings Burn People Die, The Greatest Story Ever Told and maybe The People Under The Stairs. The rest of them don't interest me much, if at all. They just get lost in amongst the other unmemorable songs.
    Deshex
    I like all the tracks on this album. I think I might do a re-review of it for more detail.
    WackyWesty
    Maybe I should have proof read that comment, before posting. Excuse my grammar and sentence structure.