Horror Show review by Iced Earth

• Released: Jun 26, 2001
Iced Earth: Horror Show

This is amazing album with awesome sound production. From trashy to melodic passage, to soothing acoustic. This album has it all.

I love the lyrics on most of the songs, but some of the lyrics like Jeyll and Hyde, and Frankenstein are a little chessy, the rest are just great. Jon Shaffer is one hell of a songwriter. This is by far vocalist Matthew Barlow's best preformance, and his voice fits in really good with the music. My favorite song is Phantom Opera Ghost. It is Iced Earth first attempt at a duet, and it's so amazing,it gave me chills.

This is my favorite Iced Earth album, and I think it's their best one to date. The most stand-out tracks are Wolf, Damien, Dracula, Ghost of Freedom, and Phantom Opera Ghost, this is a must get album for all heavy metallers. If I were to lose it or have it stolen, I'd would definitely buy it again. This is Iced Earth at their very best. We'll miss you Barlow.

smithfor ak0
    Phantom Opera Ghost is The best song, this and Damien are the best compositions by Jon. If only Matt where still here...I dont know about the new dude.