The Glorious Burden review by Iced Earth

• Released: Nov 18, 2003
Iced Earth: The Glorious Burden

This is a great band. The Glorious Burden was the first of their albums I bought and it is probally my favorite. Iced Earth is very Iron Madien influenced band. On top of this it has like an opera singer which is pretty rad.

All the lyrics are about the civil war or some other war. The way they sing is pretty nuts, for example in one of their songs, Atila, they have these two voices of opposite sides and they are singing back and forth. I really like the voices in this CD.

As I said this is probably my favorite of their CDs. My favorite songs of this CD are "The Reckoning," which is the first song I heard of theirs, "Attila," and the Gettysburg songs. They don't really have a "bad song" on this album all of them are pretty crazy.

SatanSpawn1108
    judas927 wrote: Ripper Owens brought this band to life and i give respect to matt schaffer but i think ripper woens is a much better singer than him. I hope there will be more albums like this to come, with Ripper Owens.
    wow....that was ignorant dude....very ignorant
    judas927
    Axis Of Evil
    matt schaffer
    Who's Matt Schaffer? I know a Matt Barlow, who completely and totally owns Ripper Owens in every way, but not Matt Schaffer. On topic, great CD. My fav. song is Gettysburg.
    -l-Trendkiller-
    Owens vocals i think ruin this CD. He needs to get outa his ****in JP faze and do his own stuff. I love IE so much and this album wasnt up to the potential they have. MATT BARLOW COME BACK
    Set-Abominae
    I love the way Ripper sings "The Reckoning". Other than that, Barlow pwns the shit out of him in every way.
    sniQer
    why did iced earth change to tim owens, he really sucks, matt barlow is much better, its a really bad move!!!
    steveo54
    Matt Barlow didn't want to do the whole rock star thing anymore, that's why he left. It wasn't a decision Schaffer made to get a new vocalist, if it were up to him Barlow would still be in Iced Earth. But as much as I miss the voice of Matt Barlow, nobody can seriously say Tim Owens is a terrible singer, I think he really fits well in Iced Earth and I really love the work he did on Glorious Burden and Framing Armageddon (Something Wicked Part 1). Can't ****ing wait until they tour America!
    elyado
    owens is the best heavy metal vocal (aceptalo continua viviendo ) this record rules that all up the metal
    ThroughOblivion
    TBH, this was my least favorite IE album. I don't really like Tim Owens vocals in Iced Earth. Don't get me wrong, he's a great singer, but after hearing Barlow he just doesn't come up to par. With that being said though, this is still a pretty good album, and I really liked the Star Spangled banner and then the transition into declaration day, that was pretty cool.
    Metallica1327
    At first I refused to listen to this album because Owens was the singer. But after a while I began to listen to it more and more and ended up falling in love with it. The Gettysburg trilogy isn't as great as the Something Wicked trilogy... but it is epic none the less.
    Bennow666
    This is the only album that Owens vocal sound good in. Matt is still better though