Stormseeker review by ICS Vortex

• Released: Aug 19, 2011
ICS Vortex: Stormseeker

Vortex has definitely not disappointed with his new album. The first track "The Blackmobile" definitely is the hardest rocker, and it's my favorite one. The rest of the album has kind of a stoner/prog rock sound to it. I'm not really into that, but he has managed to make it interesting.

I was totally expecting a ton of big words and extremely deep and profound lyrics like from when he sung with Dimmu Borgir. I did not get what I was expecting at all. These lyrics aren't as great. Nothing great to remember. The first song is an awesome song, but when you listen to the lyrics, they're just speculating about his car. "Red velvet, shiny chrome, satanic pimp a-s dome" was the line that made me laugh. The rest of the album is alright. Nothing spectacular. However, his execution of these lyrics is phenomenal. He has a perfect voice for this kind of music.

Compared to his work with Dimmu Borgir, I would say it doesn't quite match up, but it's still very good. My favorite track was "The Blackmobile". I love his amazing voice and somewhat solid composition. However, I wasn't a huge fan of the lack of profoundness in the lyrics. I think if it were stolen/lost, I would probably just get something else, but I would DEFINITELY miss this.