Warnings/Promises review by Idlewild

• Released: Apr 19, 2005
Idlewild: Warnings/Promises

There is a good varitey of songs. Harder rock and slower, soft rock on here. It's an amazing album, catchy songs and some great guitar riffs. It is one of the best albums I have bought. Many people seem to think it's one of their worst albums, well all I can say is "their other stuff must be bloody brillaint". I only have a few other songs of theirs, all of which being brilliant. This album is based alot more around the lmelodic tunes and piano and it really pulls of very well. They ahve a range of songs on here. Some songs tending to age back to their older days (I Want A Warning) which are a bit mroe punky, and others which are more 'clean' and melodic (I Understand It).

The lyrics are pretty weird. And I don't eally like them too much. They're very unpredictable adn are confusing if you want to sing along to them. But I supose the melodic, catchy way they're put forward makes up for it. The singer is perfectly fine in this. He's always ahd a bit of a restricted voice but it doesn't show in this album. Rock on.

Amazing basicly. The songs are amazingly put forward and put together. They seem to relate to some of the softer Feeder stuff, which is great. There are some great songs on here, the best oens being: I Understand It (I am in love with this song), Blame It On Obvious Ways, El Capitan, Not Just Sometimes But Always. I would definetly buy this again its amaing. Don't let that measly 7 I put for Lyrics put you off. I amazed how some people think it's bad.

masao
    terrible review. yeah idlewild is amazing and yeah, their other albuns simply kick ass. Their lyrics are abstract and are not supposed to be easy listening, they do have content and it is supposed to make u think. Not that hard tho. Next to their previous albums, Warning/Promises is a little disappointing, specially to fans, which had huge expectations towards this album. But maybe is just a matter of getting used to, like u have to listen a lot before u start appreciating their new work.
    rko
    Great album , great band! I agree totally masao the lyrics are there to make people think. I would agree it is a little disappointing compared to older stuff but still great.