Live From The Eye Of The Storm [DVD] review by Ill Niño

• Released: Nov 23, 2004
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Ill Niño: Live From The Eye Of The Storm [DVD]

My only complaint in the sound department is when the lead singer stops singing and the band plays an intro or solo guitar part. There is too much emphasis on the crowd noise, and they sound un enthusiastic. The sound is loud and full when the band is singing, but while there is now singing, the dullness of the crowd drowns out the sound of he guitars.

Content — 10
The Confessions are a nice touch put in place by the band, and the behind the scenes feture gives a good inside look at the band memebers themselves. The only downside is the number of songs performed during the live show, which could have included many more.

Production Quality — 8
The production was good on this DVD, and it is apparent that they spent a good amount of time on it. The only thing that was kind of annoying was the close-up camera shots of the lead singer, and the lack of full crowd shots with the band in the middle.

This DVD is excellent, and besides the dull crowd noise, it is definitly worth your money. The most impressive thing on this DVD was the live show, giving those who havent seen Ill Nino a real chance to see what they're like live. If this DVD was stolen from me, I would hunt down the person and force them to buy me a new one.