Revolution Revolucion review by Ill Niño

• Released: Sep 18, 2001
Ill Niño: Revolution Revolucion

Nothing could have prepared me for this album. It combines impressively heavy riffs and very very impressive and aggressive roars that put corey tailor to shame with very melodic latin guitar and singing. The drums are very fast and absolutely rock. There are your normal drum kit sounds as well as tribal hand drums going at the same time. The first song on the album, "god save us" is a great example of this. It starts off proper headbanging heavy with great lyrics and then goes effortlessly into a great rythm guitar and melodic singing. Other songs on the album include some really groovy effects and mixes. People often put nu-metal down but dont pass judgement on Ill nino until you've heard it.

The lyrics often switch to spanish so I ain't got a clue what he says in spanish. I actually copied the album off one of my mates so I dont have all the lyrics therefore I'm not sure what the vocalist Cristian Machado says during the heavier roaring parts but I'm sure its all good. Based on what I can understand the lyrics are about said Cristian opening his heart and saying whats on his mind. He is a very talented singer and the switch of his voice from melodic to brutal is fantastic.

It can be compared with bands such as soulfly (incidentally there is a live cover of eye for an eye as a bonus track at the end of the album). Their use of tribal drums for instance. However they still have a highly unique and innovative style that sets Ill Nino apart from other bands. I would definitely recommend this album as it is a must have part of anyones collection.