Revolution Revolucion review by Ill Niño

• Released: Sep 18, 2001
Ill Niño: Revolution Revolucion

If the world of Nu-Metal was compared to food, than Ill Nino would without a doubt be the hot sauce. I got this CD after hearing "God Save Us" and it was just awesome. after hearing the rest of the album I was addicted. their sound is a latino version of Slipknot or Soulfly. Christian Machado's transition from smooth vocals to off the hook screaming is amazing. also with latin drums and a little classical acoustic guitar thrown in, you have one of the most original sounds in the world.

The lyrics blew me away as well. they alternate between english and spanish. (Lucky me, I'm of Mexican heritage. I can understand what he's saying. Most of the songs are about how they hate their ex-girlfriends, but there are plenty more where that came from. With you is a straight out acoustic love song, but I was disappointed when there was no spanish lyrics in it. It is with a latin rhythm, so I thought it could use spanish lyrics. but in the end it's just plain awesome.

I got the super special edition of this album, so it had 5 more tracks than the original album: fallen (Unreleased), Eye for an eye (Live soulfly cover), God Save Us (Live), and the spanish versions of What comes around and Unreal. It also has the videos to Unreal and What comes around. I like "Rip Out Your Eyes," "If You Still Hate Me," "God Save Us," and "What comes around" the best, but the whole album is great. If you need an entirely original album to satisfy yourself, get this album. If you don't, get it anyway. you won't be sorry.