Revolution Revolución review by Ill Niño

• Released: Sep 18, 2001
Ill Niño: Revolution Revolución

What do you get when you mix Dave Chavarri's drum beats, Marc Rizzo's guitar riffs, and Christian Machado's lyrics? A kick ass album. Revolution is a mix between heavy riffs and spanish style acoustic riffs, with an add of tribal drum beats and melodic vocals. Ill Nino creates a great sound and really sets their own sound. The change in Christian's screaming to singing is a really cool effect, but it gets annoying in a few songs. For example, the last song on the CD, "With You" sets a laid back, acoustic beat, then Christian's deep vocals come in and you can really feel the song until his voice gets high pitched. It seems to ruin the already set mood. But in pretty much every other song, it fits in.

The lyrics are very heart felt and have a good flow to them. The screaming is clear so you can understand what Christian is saying. My favorite song, "What Comes Around" has the best lyrics in my opinion. The song has a great flow with the words and it really gets the listener into it and understanding what Christian is saying. I like how he uses a rap-like flow in his songs. It fit in well with the tribal drum beats.

It all depends on what your into. If you like more screaming and less singing, this album is for you. If you like more singing, I'd say get "Confession." The best songs in my opinion are "God Save Us," "Unreal," "Rumba," "What Comes Around," "Revolution Revolucion," "I Am Loco," "Predisposed," "With You" and "If You Still Hate Me." This CD is definitely worth buying. I would listen to it first on iTunes or something just to see if your into it, and if you like this, youll probably like "Confession" too.

Chris_Bish
    By far ILL NINO's Best album. Every song was brutal yet great sounding, but for some reason with each new cd, ILL NINO lacks, more and more. This album is the best when playing Call Of Duty.