Big Rusty Balls review by Ill Repute

• Released: Apr 21, 1994
Ill Repute: Big Rusty Balls

A buddy of mine told me about this Cali punk band he was into when he lived in LA. The band was called Ill Repute. But he told me I would most likely not be able to find any of their CDs anywhere. One day at my local record store, in the "Bargain Rack," I picked up this CD for $1. It was well worth the buck I spent on it. Basically a typical punk band, Ill Repute talk about society, girlfriends, and things like that. My friend couldn't believe I had found this CD, especially not for a dollar. But I love it.

The lyrics are typical punk lyrics. Society sucks, girlfriends suck, etc. Not much to say here. The singer sounds like a typical punk singer.

The best songs are "Hold On," "Stop It Now" and "Out Of Mind," but the whole CD is killer. They even have a Tom Petty cover on it ("American Girl"). I think this is one of my favorite CDs I own, at least the best punk CD I own. They sound like a typical punk band, but there's still something about this band that sticks out from the other typical punk bands. Maybe it's because finding this CD was so rare, so I like it more. I don't know. If you can somehow find this CD, buy it. Good luck with that. Rock on.