Night Visions review by Imagine Dragons

• Released: Sep 4, 2012
Imagine Dragons: Night Visions

There are multiple songs using what they call "dubstep" in the album "Night Visions". As in the songs "Radioactive" which is largely popular and others like "Bleeding Out" and "Nothing Left To Say/Rocks". My impression from the band Imagine Dragons by only listening to the song "Radioactive" was that it would be somewhat of a dub-step band when in reality, Imagine Dragons include many other genres and styles. Imagine Dragons are a new style of music and I love how they seem to change in each song.

Some of the lyrics are honestly and truly well written and at times very believable. My impression of the lyrics is that this band is used to writing both in-depth songs that are meant to move the listener, songs that are meant to just play along in the car when going on a road trip or even songs that you can really relate to, no matter what it is about. The singing over the course of this album seems to change, not only in person but also in the genre which I find interesting. Like the song "Radioactive" which is when the singer has somewhat of a gravely tone and in Rocks when the singer seems to be singing with less aggravation.

The only other album that I can think of at the moment that reminds me of "Night Visions" is "Metallic Symphony" by AWOLNATION, which is another album which I love dearly. Both of them have somewhat of a same sound at first which is quite interesting. My personal favourite song in the "Night Visions" album would either be "Fallen" or "Rocks". The album comes with a hidden track labeled "Nothing Left To Say/Rocks" which are two completely different and unique songs. I believe that the only song from this album that I dislike would be "Working Man" the lyrics don't quite make sense, although it is catchy.

YouTube preview picture