Sons Of Northern Darkness review by Immortal

• Released: Feb 4, 2002
Immortal: Sons Of Northern Darkness

This was the best mixed album Immortal ever put out. The sound quality was solid, and the overall tone was thick. The bass really gave this album its power, it was loud and had balls. The guitar cut through nicely and is even with the other instruments, even the clean guitars were awesome, but it could be a little better. The drums Horge did on this album were amazing and they were mixed perfect. This is one of the best black metal albums ever put out.

These lyrics are troo to the black metal style but still creative and even sometimes catchy. The vocals are unlike any other and pull the song together. The lyrics match each tone of the song and overall mood that the music sets. I wouldn't change a thing about the lyrics.

This is Immortal's best record in my opinion. The elitist may not agree because it is there most popular release, but I don't care about how many people liked it. The three best tracks are "Sons Of Northern Darkness," "Tyrants" and "Beyond The Northern Waves." "Sons Of Northern Darkness" has a fast drum intro that pumps you up for the real song. "Tyrants" possibly the best song on the album, is so powerful because of the bass. It has a good break with acoustic guitar, but when the rest of the band comes in, watch out for the heaviest part on the whole album. And last but not least, "Beyond The Northern Waves" has a really cool mellow guitar intro that really makes the song flow. I love everything about this album; it's definitely one of my top ten. I would buy it again if anything happened to it.

immortal_stone
    i own all immortal albums..this is there most solid. the earlier albums sounded very raw..this has a good full,thick sound..its an awsome album its hard to skip a track...5 stars a masterpiece.