Nailed. Dead. Risen. review by Impending Doom

• Released: Sep 4, 2007
Impending Doom: Nailed. Dead. Risen.

Leaning more towards the brutal death metal side of deathcore, this band delivers a tough break into the scene with Nailed.Dead.Risen. With christian lyrics, they call it "gorship". The albums recording quality gets a bit monotonous at times and the quality isnt that clear, but this has got to be one of my favourite albums of all time. The song Silence the Opressors has got to be the best song delivering crushing riffs and the breakdown right after the words "Are You Listening?" is screamed melts my face off everytime. The albums drumming is brilliant and the vocals are absolutely amazing, with Brett having possibly one of the best low growls in deathcore today. Check out My Nemesis, Silence the Opressors and Feeding The Decomposing.

Lyric wise, this band amazes me with the scene at the moment being a bit stale. Me being a christian myself can relate to the lyrics. The song "My Nemesis" is about the weight of satan and overcoming sin. The lyrics are typical christian-like, but with added violence and gore for the death metal lovers. As with much of the christian bands today, controversy follows. Bretts voice has got to be the biggest asset for the band, with a great range of vocals.

This album is a lot better structured then their previous EP and obviously has better production. The most impressive songs on the album have to be Silence the Opressors and Feeding the Decomposing. If this album were stolen I would definately purchase it again.

Zao_89
    I have to say that this band has become REALLY boring. I liked the EP and I prefer the mixing on it over this one.
    xMikeyxMetalx
    I like this band. not my favorite, but its nice to have some more brutal christian death. gets kind of repetitive though. still a pretty good album, but i think they have potential to make a better one next time.
    !normajean!
    great band. its good to have some really heavy Christian bands. i love the lyrics! a bunch. yep
    xDeadReckoningx
    loved the cd. question though? is there anyone on here besides me who can appreciate this as a good METAL cd, regardless of whether it's "christian" or not? i know that christianity is a big part of this band, but you guys make it sound like they're using the term "Christian" as a gimmick.
    plague_runner
    !normajean!
    plague_runner wrote: First of all this band does not use christianity as a gimmick at all, even in one of their songs says so(cant remember witch song) and that's one thing about them I like, not only that it's probably the most brutal death/grindcore band I have ever heard. Although the pig squeels get kind of repetitive, it's still pretty cool....maybe next album they can add more death grunts and maybe screams but without sounding trendy....These guys rule and if u want more christian bands that are really heavy check out Crimson Moonlight(black metal), and With Blood Comes Cleansing(deathcore). Keep rockin for the lord.
    The song you're thinking of is Silence The Oppressors.
    Unskathed
    I HOPE I SCARE THE HELL OUT OF YOU! I saw this band with Unearth and it was amazing. They're balls to the wall with their beliefs, and that's how it should be.
    JasonNeymeyer
    I just saw these guys Friday @ Station 4 in Minnesota w/ As Blood Runs Black, The Acacia Strain, and Bleeding Through! They were UNREAL! (I thought it was weird that they'd be touring w/ The Acacia Strain, but who cares? It's all great music)!
    JasonNeymeyer
    AND I can't wait for the new album. This one was pretty good, but I'm waiting to see how much further they can go.
    man_of_popsicle
    Amazing band, however, they are very repetitive. Don't try to get someone that doesn't already love death metal to listen to this. It takes getting used to. Good for listening if you want some intense blast beats and you just wanna feel some aggresion. I'd give this album a 7.5/10.